- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 24 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1Heat oven to 300°F. Line 8-inch square pan with heavy-duty foil so foil extends over sides of pan. Spray foil with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press in bottom of sprayed foil-lined pan.
- 2In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining filling ingredients; beat until smooth. Pour filling over crust.
- 3Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until edges are set. Center will be soft but will set when cool. Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours or until chilled. Freeze cheesecake about 2 hours or until firm.
- 4Remove cheesecake from pan by lifting foil. Cut into 48 pieces; remove from foil and place on sheet of waxed paper.
- 5In 1-quart saucepan, melt coating ingredients over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Cool 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly cooled. Place in 2-cup measuring cup.
- 6Spear each cheesecake bite with fork; dip in melted chocolate to cover bottom and sides, letting excess drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- 7Spoon about 1 teaspoon melted chocolate over each bite, smoothing top with back of spoon. Let stand about 20 minutes or until firm. Store in refrigerator.